Last year, I started adding Steamed Buns to the menu at our Chinese New Year's party. They were the first to go! The best thing about them is they are so easy to make. Also, by using prepared biscuits, the dough always comes out perfect.
The best way to steam the buns is with a wicker steamer. You can find these in most Asian grocery stores or stores like World Market.
12 oz. can buttermilk biscuits (Grands size)
1/4 lb. hamburger
4 green onions
3 Tbs. soy sauce
3 Tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1. Fry hamburger and drain the oil.
2. Make the teriyaki sauce by combining soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch. Add to the hamburger.
3. Finely chop the green onoins. Add to hamburger mixture.
4. Flatten each biscuit with your fingers, until it is stretched out. Place about 1-2 Tbs. in the center of the biscuit. Fold all the ends together by pinching the dough.
5. Steam buns for 20 mins. Let stand for 5 mins to cool. Be careful to remove the cover slowly, as cooling them too quickly will cause them to collapse.